2015 Feb 24: Our speaker this month, The Teafaerie , writes stories, poems, movies, plays and essays, makes videos, organizes flash mobs, and is one of the founders of Prometheatrics, a big beautiful Esplanade camp at Burning Man. At various times she has been a writer, nanny, actress, flow arts teacher, childbirth doula, homeless person, aid worker, live-action storyteller, toy inventor, app designer, street performer, and party promoter. She also writes a regular column called "Teatime, Psychedelic Musings from the Center of the Universe" for the excellent psychedelic information site Erowid.org.
Here are some useful resources that The Teafaerie mentioned in her talk:
- Erowid is a non-profit educational & harm-reduction resource with 60 thousand pages of online information about psychoactive plants and chemicals.
- The RAVE Act and the movement to amend it, Amend the Rave Act. Please sign the petition to allow harm reduction at events!
- The Manual of Psychedelic Support is a comprehensive guide to setting up and running compassionate care services for people having difficult drug experiences at music festivals and similar events.
- Ground Control: A Sitter's Primer by the Teafaerie
- Drug test kits: Dancesafe and Bunk Police
And one more exciting link! A scientific paper published in Nature: "No link found between psychedelics and psychosis" In large US survey, users of LSD and similar drugs were no more likely to have mental-health conditions than other respondents.